Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have problems with federal estimated tax payment to work on Lacerte

FSaito
Level 2

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

No.... but you might want to provide a few more details on the issue you are having.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
FSaito
Level 2

Client was set up to have Federal and California Estimates through Efile Estimated Tax wizard.  The client informed me that no estimates were withdrawn from his bank account. Is there any way of check what is scheduled to be paid electronically and what was transmitted to the IRS and FTB?

I cleared the estimates and tried to use the Start Efile Estimated Payments Wizard but it will no allow me to reschedule payments.  

The Efile Estimated Payments Wizard does not include a Federal boxes to click for Quarterly estimates.

George4Tacks
Level 15

Highlight the client and press F4 and look at e-File Status - What does that say about estimates?

Did you use E-File > Step 4: Print  e-file Acceptance Letter > Estimated Payments? What does that show? 

To paraphrase Popeye - I's dones alls I's can do, I's can'ts do's no more!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
FSaito
Level 2

I spoke with Lacerte support and here is what I learned.

Federal Efile Estimated tax payments are not effective until the US tax return is efiled and accepted.

California Efile Estimated tax payments can be put through using the Efile Estimated Tax Payment Wizard during the extension period.  This is a separate process from the Federal Estimates, therefore only the state will show up on through the Wizard.  

The only way you can see if the Federal and State Estimates were put through is through the Efile Tools-View Efile and read all the codes that were transmitted.  Save your Efile acknowledgments and do not clear them.