Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DocuSign e-signature for 8879-F (for 1041's)

jerry
Level 5

Is e-signature allowed for 8879-F?   The IRM says it is allowed for "8879 series," but also says that a wet signature us required on the 1041.   This seems contradictory.  Is e-sig only allowed on the 8879 authorization to e-file, but not on a paper-filed 1041?  

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Go to the bottom of the efile menu>"Intuit esignature">"request esignature"

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
jerry
Level 5

Thanks, Karl, but I know *how* to get an eSignature.  

I'm trying to figure out if a DocuSign eSig is *allowed* by the IRS on an 8879-F

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Ah, I see now.  Yes.  Per https://www.irs.gov/irm/part10/irm_10-010-001, the whole 8879 series has an exception from the handwritten signature requirement.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Sorry, re-reading your whole post. Yes, the exception in Exhibit 10.10.1-2 applies to 8879-F.  Exhibit 10.10.1-1 is the "earlier" guidance.

0 Cheers