Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependent's age

Blake1040
Level 1

Is there a quick way to see a dependent's age without having to calculate it?

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Blake1040 on the federal info worksheet when you type in the dependent's birthday the age pops up in the next column in ProSeries

View solution in original post

11 Comments 11

A person's age as of today can be quickly calculated in my mind.  It might take some training for you.

Or, for ages with added variables such as an age at a particular year in the past or an age than spans centuries, or an age than spans millennia*, there are tools and websites.

*What was the age of someone born in 30 BCE who died in 30 CE?

IRonMaN
Level 15

Blake1040 - it sounds like the quickest way is just to have Strongsilence-CPA standing over your shoulder when you are working on tax returns.  I'm not sure what he charges for that service, but you can always ask.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

I look at their pictures and make my guess in front of the mother.  She would then tell me.

Never try this with the father.   Men are off about 70.24% of the time.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

For no extra charge do you also guess the mother's weight?

Slava Ukraini!
Blake1040
Level 1

Children, thanks for the help.  You are truly professional?

Accountant-Man
Level 13

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
George4Tacks
Level 15

The only way to stay truly professional in this profession is to see the fun in life. We don't always open up fully with our clients, but we definitely to with other professionals. I suppose you may have preferred a duller response like NO!, but where is the fun in that. 

In my practice I put a BUNCHA NUMBERS on the ceiling over my head so the clients could see them. When I would as a question like "How much did you give the church last year?" I would inevitably see them look up for inspiration. I offered them inspiration. 

Ceiling-medium.jpg

Now, if that ain't professional, I don't know what is!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
sjrcpa
Level 15

@Blake1040 Welcome to our playpen.

Ex-AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

Purely inspirational...

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

@Blake1040 on the federal info worksheet when you type in the dependent's birthday the age pops up in the next column in ProSeries

Monday brings overcast skies outside and more so in my mind. I needed some giggles today. Thanks gentlemen children.