Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Columbus City Tax Return input of K1 Activity

LVSeltz
Level 2

I cannot get income from K1 related to city of Columbus, Ohio to  show up on city tax return, any ideas why, tried to input info as source and not as source, however, tax paid does show up if I show it without the code for source

thanks for any help

ken

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bobby200
Level 3

Typically, the partnership or S Corp pays the Columbus city tax, or should by statute. The cities prefer to have one payment from the company rather than tracking all the individual owners.  In other words, you seldom, if ever, have to include K-1 income, or loss, with the Columbus City Return, or any Ohio cities. The K-1 usually has the city listed with the payment amount as proof of payment. Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Bobby200
Level 3

Typically, the partnership or S Corp pays the Columbus city tax, or should by statute. The cities prefer to have one payment from the company rather than tracking all the individual owners.  In other words, you seldom, if ever, have to include K-1 income, or loss, with the Columbus City Return, or any Ohio cities. The K-1 usually has the city listed with the payment amount as proof of payment. Good luck!

LVSeltz
Level 2

thank you, I read that only if you are a resident do you file the Columbus tax return.

thanks again for your help

ken

Bobby200
Level 3

That is correct.  Only residents of a city need to file. Have a good week!