Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colorado Pension Deduction

Ed-Houston
Level 2

Taxpayer's spouse is a resident of Colorado and receives an IRA distribution as a beneficiary.  Taxpayer still resides in Texas. The amount is only $570 but should be a subtraction from federal taxable income on Form DR 0104AD Line 4. I have entered the IRA on screen 13.1. I tried sourcing it both to CO and then to US, but no difference. The amount just isn't flowing forward. Since the clients have no other Colorado adjustments to federal taxable income the adjustment form does not appear unless Show All is checked and then it is not bold, since nothing is appearing in it. We are moving back to Lacerte from UltraTax and comparing outputs identified this issue. Lacerte Tech support Tier 2 (?) said I have to go to Screen 51 and enter the amount as an override. Ouch. No diagnostic by Lacerte that one needs to even consider an override to get a deduction. Does anyone have a solution to getting the results sought without going to the override field? Regardless, Lacerte programmers should address this deficiency in my opinion. Final note - I'm preparing a 2019 return, so I have not determined if this has been resolved in future years, but Tech Support did not say it had.

0 Cheers