Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child and Family Tax Credit MASS Tax Return

GPCPA100
Level 1

MASS on line 46 Family and Child tax credit. MASS says:

Overview

You may be able to claim the child and family credit on your Massachusetts personal income tax return if you're taking care of a:

• Child
  • Dependent or spouse with a disability, or
  • Dependent age 65 or over.

My clients husband is 91 and disabled. There is know where in Lacerte to mark the client as disabled. There suggestion was in screen 2 there is a disabled check box  to check and they say that is why the box is there but by doing that that it wants you to create a dependent  and changes the calculations that are not correct.  I also called the MA DOR and they agreed the taxpayer is eligible.   Am I missing something? Anyone have any suggestions?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

This is a known issue.  See https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-discussions/discussion/massachusetts-child-and-...

Please upvote here to help expedite the fix https://accountants.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/ma-child-and-family-tax-credit-fo...

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

Having to vote to get software errors corrected is a piss poor way of doing business.

And we all know the votes are meaningless.

Ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Intuit_Kallana
Employee
Employee

An upvote is not required.  This issue is currently in progress with our development team. I was the agent that handled the email support case and reported it to them.  I am checking its progress daily and will continue to monitor it.  As soon as I see that it is fixed, I will come back to this post and the other one with a response to let you know. 

seekingkeys
Level 1

Still no fix?

0 Cheers