Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update

jerry
Level 5

Lacerte just pushed out a new update.

Unfortunately, I can't install it.  It downloads, then I get a message "The system cannot find the path specified"

I'm waiting for Lacerte support now.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

1) Reboot, if you haven't already (while you are on the phone...)

2) Use WebSetUp & force even if it says you are up-to-date.

3) Use the snifty new 'Tool Hub' and install (altho that's really the same as WebSetUp)

Do you use different data paths?  I do (using a flash drive) and if I don't reset Lacerte to the hard drive data path (or server if you are networked) instead of the flash drive, I do get wonky path 'errors'.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

1) Reboot, if you haven't already (while you are on the phone...)

2) Use WebSetUp & force even if it says you are up-to-date.

3) Use the snifty new 'Tool Hub' and install (altho that's really the same as WebSetUp)

Do you use different data paths?  I do (using a flash drive) and if I don't reset Lacerte to the hard drive data path (or server if you are networked) instead of the flash drive, I do get wonky path 'errors'.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@jerry 

Which one worked?  

For future frustrated Lacertians.

( Generic Comment )"
jerry
Level 5

Rebooting didn't help.  It also affected all 3 of my networked computers (which use a shared drive on one of the computers).

I was starting down the path of Tool Hub when Lacerte support answered the phone.   Fortunately she agreed with Tool Hub and away we went.  It took a few minutes to force the re-install (and required a reboot of the computer), but it fixed not only the computer I was working on, but the 2 others as well.

Support didn't know why it happened.  I suspect a corrupted download, but who knows. 

Back to tax returns.  Thanks, abc!

abctax55
Level 15

YVW.... welcome to my world of downloads lately.  They seldom download cleanly (my internet speed isn't the greatest) and Thursday's big updates now terrify me.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Bob17
Level 1

I have had this same problem several times this tax season.  The Lacerte update looks like it wants to work but then does not.   I too was told to go to the Lacerte Tool Hub and re-install the program.  What I would like to know is why is Lacerte having so many problems getting updates to us this year??  We shouldn't have to re-install the program everytime there is an update.  For the amount of money we pay for this software, we should have to waste our time re-installing their software everytime there is an update.

0 Cheers
worios
Level 1

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble updating something. Can you please provide more details about what you are trying to update?

If you are trying to update software or an application on your computer or device, make sure that you have a stable internet connection and sufficient storage space available. You may also want to try restarting your device or clearing the cache of the application.

If you are having trouble updating information on a website or platform, make sure that you have the necessary permissions and that your internet connection is stable. If the issue persists, you may want to contact the support team for the website or platform for further assistance.

Please provide more information about your specific situation so I can give you more detailed advice.

0 Cheers
pamdory
Level 8

I noticed last year that I was having repeated problems with updates and became far too familiar with the Tool Hub and Web Set Up.  I have a file server and three workstations on my network.  I started using my office manager's workstation, the newest in the network, and the updates download and install quickly and smoothly now.  It might be worth a try if you encounter the problem again.  

0 Cheers