Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California single member LLCs - how many can be efiled from the Individual module?

dd11
Level 3

If I remember correctly it used to be that only 1 CA SMLLC could be efiled from the Individual module. If an individual had more CA SMLLC's they had to be efiled from the partnership module. 

The firm where I worked used to efile SMLLC's from the partnership for that reason (or maybe it was a misunderstanding?)

Now it seems that multiple CA SMLLC can be efiled form the individual according to this article https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/form-1040/common-questions-california-singl... 

Can anyone confirm?

3 Comments 3

Not a confirmation, but I would be very surprised if a TP could not e file multiple SMLLCs.

But you're asking about 1 from the entire Individual Module.  I know for a fact, because I had several SMLLC clients in each of the last four years, that you can e file multiple SMLLCs from the Individual Module.

I think you don't understand the previous firm's experience.

Regards,

Be Well and Be Weirder

0 Cheers
dd11
Level 3

I meant 1 CA SMLLC could be efiled from 1 individual tax return not the entire individual module. Sorry, I wasn't clear about that.

So, now 1 individual return can efile multiple CA SMLLCs?

0 Cheers

why not?

0 Cheers