Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

California Relief grant

For the CA Covid-19 Relief Grant, Intuit's software could be improved.

This grant is taxable to Federal but not CA. 

The instruction gets the right result - taxable Fed but not CA. However, the presentation is poor.  Schedule CA has a negative number in the subtractions column.  That won't pass the sniff or eye test for my clients who review their tax returns.  (540 page 1 looks fine and is correct.)

Intuit, I think you can do better.

Do these improvement suggestions get to the right person?  @IntuitAlicia 

If the return has grants taxable to federal, but not the state, you should enter those as a negative number with a Description in the Other subtractions (Ctrl + E) field, on Screen 51.011, California Modifications, in the Adjustments to Income section.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@Strongsilence-CPA The best place to share this type of feedback would be through Lacerte using the Feedback option located in your Help menu. This will take you to the Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange. Your experience-based feedback is much appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll share this feedback with our development teams.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

@Strongsilence-CPA The best place to share this type of feedback would be through Lacerte using the Feedback option located in your Help menu. This will take you to the Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange. Your experience-based feedback is much appreciated.

In the meantime, I'll share this feedback with our development teams.

An California Current Year AMT NOL appears as a carryforward item as a result of this modification.  The AMT NOL carryforward is not correct.  There should not be an NOL.

I don't know how to get rid of it.

Alica, I will share this bug so the team can fix it.

0 Cheers