Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ca rejecting my individual Efile perhaps since form 3804-CR is not attached

mattheidaricpa
Level 2

CA is rejecting my return since it seems 3804-CR is not being attached. I see the form but it is not printed with the return. Is there a way to force it to print?

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
mattheidaricpa
Level 2

I found out that besides the proper place to record the PTE credit which is at the bottom of line 15 of Screen 20.1, I had also entered the amount somewhere else and that had overwritten the correct entry and upon calling Lacerte and eventually being transferred to an expert, she was able to point that out by looking at the diagnostics screen where the overwrites were. Once the improper entry was removed, form 3804-CR was highlighted, indicating that it would be attached to the return. I have retransmitted again hoping that the problem is solved. 

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2

@mattheidaricpa

What did you find out?

0 Cheers
mattheidaricpa
Level 2

I found out that besides the proper place to record the PTE credit which is at the bottom of line 15 of Screen 20.1, I had also entered the amount somewhere else and that had overwritten the correct entry and upon calling Lacerte and eventually being transferred to an expert, she was able to point that out by looking at the diagnostics screen where the overwrites were. Once the improper entry was removed, form 3804-CR was highlighted, indicating that it would be attached to the return. I have retransmitted again hoping that the problem is solved.