Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA PTET for SMLLC on Form 568

Karl
Level 8
Level 8

I'm trying to verify CA SMLLCs (taxed as a disregarded entity) are PTET eligible.

From FTB, https://www.ftb.ca.gov/file/business/credits/pass-through-entity-elective-tax/help.html it *appears* so.

But Lacerte doesn't appear to let it populate on 568 Page 1 line 4 (and there' no "jump to input"). So I'm trying to figure out if this is a Lacerte limitation or if I'm misunderstanding FTB instructions.

I've tried building the 568 in the Individual Module and the PShip module (which does seem to get me farther, but not all the way).

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Nope - SMLLC's aren't eligible, unless they elect S-Corp treatment.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

Nope - SMLLC's aren't eligible, unless they elect S-Corp treatment.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Thank you, I was spinning in circles on this one.

So I'm trying to figure out why there are PTET lines on Form 568.  I don't do PShips, but I know there are different circumstances when a PShip files a 565 vs 568.  Is it because the 568 can be used for a PShip in some circumstances?

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

A MMLLC files F 568, a general partnership files F 565.

A California SMLLC also has to file F 568, to pay the $ 800 minimum tax, as well as the LLC fee if the gross receipts are high enough.

( Generic Comment )"