Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA LLC Tax in First Year

dscott
Level 2

I understand that the LLC tax is waived for the first year in business for a California LLC, but even when I enter "Initial Return", the $800 is still showing up on the Form 568.  I had to override the 2023 LLC tax by entering a -1.  However, when I do this, the $800 estimate tax payment for 2024 is not generating.  Apparently, if you override the 2023 tax the 2024 estimated tax payment is not generated in Lacerte.  Has anyone else had this problem? 

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
GIP - OG
Level 2

Hi, dscott. Which module are you having the issue in? Individual or Partnership?

ben530
Level 3

We have encountered the same thing for 2023 in the individual program for a CA SMLLC. Your fix is exactly what we have done as well. We thought maybe just programing changes in advance of the free year going away now for 2024.

0 Cheers
gdyloves
Level 1

I did the same thing as you but  then i scrolled down and under 2024 estimated LLC tax (Form 3522) I entered $800 so the 2024 voucher would generate

0 Cheers