Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA Letter in counties affected by the storms

loricpa100
Level 4

Does anyone know if Lacerte will be updating the client letters to reflect the May 15 vs. April 18 date for remitting payments in CA counties affected by the storms.  If the software cannot look to the country (which is input from a drop down table) to determine if in an included county - maybe we could check a box?  Virtually the entire state and all my clients fall into this category and hope will not be manually updating every letter this season.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Based on the several posts asking about this, the response from Intuit is    '  NO '.   We are on our own.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

8 Comments 8
abctax55
Level 15

Based on the several posts asking about this, the response from Intuit is    '  NO '.   We are on our own.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

Not sure a 'solve' is appropriate, as this is going to be a pain.

If only all our clients didn't follow the news - I (for one) don't WANT filing season extended.

Maybe Lacerte will repent, and give as a box to check ?

( Generic Comment )"
loricpa100
Level 4

I only checked solved as it seems Intuit / Lacerte will not be assisting us.  It will indeed be a complete pain.  And I agree, do not wish to extend the season.  We will finish by April 18, yet you can take the extra time to pay.  

Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

@abctax55 hey i'll be searching for those related threads to gather up additional posts to share internally. if you have those threads handy, can you copy/paste those links into this thread? Thanks!

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Nope... not handy & as you may be aware, the search function on here is a joke (a really BAD joke).

I think most were in the "suggestions for improvements" part of the forum, not the main forum.

( Generic Comment )"
abctax55
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze   Here's a loooooong one on the issue

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/may-15-due-date-change-for-storm-d...

( Generic Comment )"
Intuitjhaze
Intuit Alumni

hey @abctax55 closing the loop here. at the time i responded on 2/15, i wasn't aware of IntuitGabiU's reply from 2 weeks ago in the Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange Forum that you linked to. A rookie mistake on my part! 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

@Intuitjhaze ...  no problem.  When you've been here as long as I have you remember 'things' especially when the post is directly related to your practice (I'm in one of the disaster counties).

( Generic Comment )"