Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CA 100S Schedule Q Questions

amec
Level 4

There seem to be a few questions on the CA S corp return that Lacerte does not require/diagnostic remind us to complete. Why?

Ex. Page 1, A2

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

You aren't wrong here.  There should be a default answer.  You could try calling support to point it out as a programming flaw that should be fixed, but I don't know what your odds of success will be.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

My best guess is that they're trying to find the balance of not burying us in a bunch of diagnostics and just presuming it's safe to default to No or N/A answers on most of these that might not regularly come up for most S-Corps.  It's a chance to show our value as preparers and why you shouldn't do S-Corp returns on TurboTax.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
amec
Level 4

I'm good with N/A or No in most conditions. I'm more concerned with nothing. For example, Question S is not automatically answered either way.

If Lacerte supports that form, it should be answered automatically. If not, why not a diagnostic to remind us?

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

You aren't wrong here.  There should be a default answer.  You could try calling support to point it out as a programming flaw that should be fixed, but I don't know what your odds of success will be.

amec
Level 4

Given the situation we are dealing with, with Form 7203, I'd say zero.

Maybe I'll put it in the suggestions list next year.

0 Cheers