Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bridge Exception - Invalid Format Error During Proforma Process

Highlighted

I tried the solution in DOC ID#xxxxxxxxx and that's not solving the problem for me for this pro-forma 2017 to 2018 issue. Any other solutions? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Not sure how to delete my message. I solved it there was some issue with a foreign address which was in sevreral places and had a converted character. Doc was good!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Not sure how to delete my message. I solved it there was some issue with a foreign address which was in sevreral places and had a converted character. Doc was good!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

1. Be sure you have updated 2017 

2. If the client is locked - Backup - Remove lock - do proforma

3. Sometimes one or more input items get garbled. Unlock, view return, try proforma. If that fails, use Ctrl + W to visually look at all code and see if anything looks weird, ░╣ꜩ kind of stuff. Delete these items and re enter. 

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Thanks and sorry I had posted above that I solved it. Can posts be deleted if you found the solution yourself, etc.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
@Michael G. Ellis CPA Even better would be to post how you solved it. I am sure you are not the only one with the problem and others can learn from your answer, even if it is something you goofed on (I know I have messed up on very rare occasions) :smile:

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
There was a foreign region  with a lowercase "I" that seemed to be misformatted and it was in 3 places as there were 3 foreign rentals and I initially only changed one of them and then went back and caught all 3 and it worked.
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Thank you. I think I have seen that problems reported before.

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers