Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amended 2021 return with reduced Fed EIC, can't e-file

Drphibes
Level 7

The warning says the original and corrected amounts can't be negative for EIC and they are not negative numbers, corrected is reduced a bit but not negative, yet I get an e-file critical that won't let me e-file.  Taxpayer is out of state and has no printer to get paper copies to them on time for the amount they owe.  Is this a program error?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like a ghost error where you may have to disable efile error checking to suppress critical diagnostics so you can efile. Lacerte does have a few of those.

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

I tried to tick box that strikes through the error but still won't e-file.  Is there another route to cease the error checking?  Is so, how please.

0 Cheers
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Suppress Critical Diagnostics.PNG

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers
Drphibes
Level 7

Perfect,  thank you!