Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alabama E-File Use Only

hjallen28
Level 1

Is anyone still having problems with printing Alabama returns in Lacerte? We can e-file Alabama returns but when we go to print, it prints a blank page with "This form is not available for this release". The AL forms show inside the program with E-File Only written across form and at the top it has "The form is final and watermarked E-File Only". The Lacerte customer service and technical support line is of absolutely no help and pass the buck to Alabama. When I explain to them that other firms software providers in the area are printing fine, they clam up. They inform me that we can e-file, but I also explained that many clients like to see a copy of their return first and handing out a tax return with blank pages is not going to work. It does not make sense how Pro-Series can print but not Lacerte since they are made by the same user. We are now getting calls from clients asking about when their return will be ready and afraid some will get mad and leave next year. It seems like we have this problem every year and it gets later and later. Please advise?

0 Cheers