Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A new client provided me with a copy of the 2018 TurboTax file he used to prepare his 2018 filing extensions. Can it be converted to a 2018 Lacerte client?

taxman_mss
Level 2

The client already entered several hundred Schedule D transactions, and it would not be efficient to have to re-enter them into Lacerte.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

No, you can't.  Not for Lacerte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
itonewbie
Level 15

No, you can't.  Not for Lacerte.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9

Why not attach a pdf of the 1099-B information and only enter the totals of each category? That sounds like more fun than entering hundreds of individual transactions.

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Apparently somebody did not like your answer.  Personally, I think your idea is quicker than posting a question about trying to import TurdoTax.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@taxman_mss  - Jane's answer is correct; why give her a no vote ?
And if you don't like her excellent answer:
Enter totals, then COPY the F 1099-Bs and mail them in with F 8???
AND, if they are covered transactions all you have to do is enter the totals anyway.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
taxman_mss
Level 2
My "No" response was not about quality of her answer, but about whether it helped me.  It does not ... for two (2) reasons.  Firstly, the client prefers to have all transactions entered.  Secondly, the Forms 1099-B do not contain all of the elements which are required in order to use them as the support (i.e. some of the acquisition dates and cost bases are missing).  Accordingly, while the answer may be correct, it is not helpful.  I mean no disrespect to anyone who attempted to be helpful.
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
"Firstly, the client prefers to have all transactions entered"

It will be a cold day in hell before I let a client tell me how to prepare his tax return.  Your client is an idiot, and you may consider dropping that client.  And the fact that you asked the same question 3 years ago makes me think you are letting that client walk all over you.
https://accountants-community.intuit.com/questions/1343484-how-do-i-convert-a-client-from-turbo-tax-...
0 Cheers