Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

990T reject

cpq
Level 2

I received an efile reject for the 990T - 

Form: 0(00)
Field: (/Return/ReturnHeader/BusinessOfficerGrp/PhoneNum)
Occurrence: 00000

Resolution: The entity's telephone number is required and must be 10 characters long. Verify that a valid phone number, including the area code has been entered in the Client Information screen and then re-transmit the return electronically.

The telephone number is entered.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

enter phone as 5551234567 and it should auto format at (555) 123-4567 

Don't try to format it yourself. I hope that helps.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
cpq
Level 2

I did do that but it doesn't fix the problem.

0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

did you put a 1 as a lead in for the phone number, if so, delete that only area code and 7 digit number.

If that fails again, be sure you really have their true phone number and that somehow the area code or lead digits are wrong.

If that fails, delete the phone number completely and try again. When that fails, go back and enter the number. Sometimes that delete - test - reinput will clean up that entry field.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
cpq
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion...but it didn't work.

The IRS claims that the return isn't being submitted but LaCerte says that it is being submitted to the IRS.

0 Cheers
Furbal
Level 3

Make sure it's in 2 places... one in the address and telephone number and then again below in the location of the books. I've had that pop up before.

cpq
Level 2

Yes it is in both locations, still receiving the reject.