Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8962 not available - workaround

diagnostic:  The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the filing.

I'm hoping for a workaround to this diagnostic so that I can e-file.

What is a "binary attachment"?

It suggests that an attachment can be sent (with 8453?). What would I attach and what input is needed (on Form 4.4)?

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

binary attachment = pdf

Ex-AllStar
lyleKS
Level 3

I received the same error.  I tried attaching the 8962 as a PDF attachment even though there's not a link to the 8962.  I also cleared the diagnostics.  Neither worked, the return was rejected again.  If any has a solution I'm open, otherwise it's a paper return for this client.

@lyleKS Did you get Form 1095 from your client?

0 Cheers
lyleKS
Level 3

I did receive the 1095-A.  My client had no advance of premium tax credit and will not qualify due to his income level.   I'm now researching whether the 8962 has to even be included with the return.

It has to be included because e-filing will be rejected. The IRS has a database of those receiving the 1095-A. Input it at 39.2

0 Cheers
MosaicBK
Level 1

I am getting this error as well, went through this last year with the same client and different software, we looked it up, there was no 1095-A, in prior software the workaround worked and I could add the attachment and return was accepted, however despite adding attachment in ProConnect it is still getting rejected, very frustrating, if anyone finds a solution please share

I never attach the 1095-A. 

0 Cheers