Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7203 Natp did not know Lacerte was taking this position

michele
Level 7

Talked to Natp today they were surprised to hear about Lacerte's position on 7203 and not offering it. Customer service at Lacerte has a little script to read like we are idiots. Today it was Scorps are not required to track basis that is up to the shareholder. (Oh really) like most of us that prepare  returns and have been dealing with K-1's need to be taught. It will be interesting to see all the k-1's that individuals come in with from various investments they have made if they have statements. I may think about assigning one person to do all the 7203's that need to be manually entered into the form and doing the pdf attachments. Trying to keep a busy practice going without to much of a headache. No one was happy when I explained the situation to the office this morning. They all wanted to know why Lacerte was backing away from this. All I could say they don't wont to do it.

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Karl
Level 8
Level 8

Upvote this idea on the Lacerte Tax Idea Exchange.  I think this is our best chance of getting it changed.  https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/lacerte-tax-idea-exchange/7203-form/idi-p/192872

*If this (or another answer/reply) solves your problem, please click "Accept as Solution" to get this post out of the "Unanswered" queue of posts.*
0 Cheers