Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

709 Pro Forma

jerry
Level 5

I have a client that gave reportable gifts in 2019 and 2021.

When I pro-forma'd the Gift return from 2021 to 2022, the total of the gifts for 2021 are (apparently)  correctly reported in Schedule B.  But all of the 2021 gifts are still listed on Screen 7.  Is this correct behavior?  Do I delete them, or can they just stay for future possible use?

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
sjrcpa
Level 15

You probably had the option to pro forma them or not.

I'd delete them.

Some clients give the same amount to the same donees every year. So the pro forma of the gifts might be useful then.

Ex-AllStar
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

The default is for the gift to be proforma'ed to the following year.  If you want to skip the proforma for the item, enter "2=delete next year" on the bottom of the gift.  The option NOT to proforma is made in the F709 Gift input for the gift year.

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
jerry
Level 5

I guess I want my cake and eat it, too.

I want the summary of previous gifts showing up in Schedule B.  And I want the transfer of previous *donees*.  So for that, I want/need the pro-forma.

But I don't want all of the previous years *gifts* showing again on the entry screens.  It's confusing to see all of them re-appearing, even though they're from the previous year.

So yeah, I need to pro-forma.  But it seems to come with extra baggage

0 Cheers