Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 day Traditional IRA Rollover Input

Puravidacpa
Level 3

Having difficulty populating the "Rollover" word on p. 1 of the 1040 for a client who successfully did one single distribution and recontributing into a traditional IRA within the 60 day time frame - the 1099-R shows code 1, and did not indicate on it the date of payment in box 13 (Which i received from my client after reviewing their monthly statements). Any suggestions? I'm coming up with an e-file critical diagnostic when I input code "G" to show rollover in the distribution code 2.... 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Puravidacpa  is that your dog? My daughter has one with only the front legs functioning. It has learned to walk, run, go up & down stairs and swim with rear legs that flop around like bunny ears.

Thank you for posting the solution. You can mark it as solved!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Puravidacpa
Level 3

Answering my own question here: In the 1099-R Input:

In the same screen, scroll down to the rollover section.

you should see "Indirect Rollovers" enter the amount "to other than a Roth IRA"

THEN if the penalty still shows up go down to Form 5329 and put reason for excluded amount from penalty - use "Other".

You will see "ROLLOVER" on the front of the 1040.
George4Tacks
Level 15

@Puravidacpa  is that your dog? My daughter has one with only the front legs functioning. It has learned to walk, run, go up & down stairs and swim with rear legs that flop around like bunny ears.

Thank you for posting the solution. You can mark it as solved!

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
Puravidacpa
Level 3

yes, my cancer surviving tripod! Dogs are made with 3 legs and a spare said the vet - so thankful.

0 Cheers
dpan
Level 1

Thanks for following up and posting the answer.  Had the exact same scenario so grateful I was able to find this answer quickly 🙂

0 Cheers