Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2023 ES calculation CA resident in 2023

TP was a part-year CA resident in 2022.  

2023 TP is a CA resident.  How do I indicate this is Lacerte?

There are amounts on the CA ES worksheet on Line 5a so that says to me that the program assumes that 2023 will be another nonresident year.

Follow up edit:

Would Intuit Tax advisor be a better tool for handling this question?  (I have not yet purchased that product as there are numerous improvements that seem to be in queue, based on the suggestions I see in that topic thread.)

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Use Screen 7, change estimate options to "1" (100% of 2023)  then go down to "California Adjustments" to increase 2023 income amounts.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
abctax55
Level 15

Use Screen 7, change estimate options to "1" (100% of 2023)  then go down to "California Adjustments" to increase 2023 income amounts.

( Generic Comment )"

Follow Up

After 75 minutes of assistance (being on mute hold for about an hour of that) she told me that I have to wait for the 2023.  And that answer is unacceptable because 1) I still think there is a solution and 2) it is really saying that Intuit doesn't want to fix it.  

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

1) I provided a 'solution'

2) I can't imagine the software being programed for such an unusual scenario

3) Use the prior year safe harbor for the estimates, inform the client that they'll owe more next April but to keep their money working for them.

(oops.... buffering b/s.... I see you gave me a solve, thanks.  Hope you can make it work)

( Generic Comment )"

Thank you. I'm grateful for your expertise.