Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 Efile 1040 reject error

BrendaM
Level 1

I am getting a rejection message about the telephone number on the client information needing to be (nnn)nnn-nnnn. 

I fixed both the taxpayer and the spouse's phone numbers to the required syntax and the return is still rejected. 

I have NEVER had this reject before.  Is the IRS and/or Lacerte trying to drive me mad????

2 Comments 2
abctax55
Level 15

As evidenced by this long thread, there IS a known issue with prior years:

https://accountants.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/error-e-filing-prior-y...

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rbynaker
Level 13

@BrendaM wrote:

I am getting a rejection message about the telephone number on the client information needing to be (nnn)nnn-nnnn. 

I fixed both the taxpayer and the spouse's phone numbers to the required syntax and the return is still rejected. 

I have NEVER had this reject before.  Is the IRS and/or Lacerte trying to drive me mad????

If the error code you're getting is the same one in the thread ABC linked to, then just hold tight for a patch.  If it was a different code number I suspect you have a different problem.  That's a weird enough error that I might try deleting the phone numbers, saving, and closing.  Maybe there's some kind of space or garbage character in the field.  Then reopen and enter them fresh.