Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022-2023 Proforma/Organizer

amec
Level 4

When clients are rolled over from 2022 to 2023, which program (year) determines how accurate that proforma is?

I know a lot of people recommend waiting to roll over until January, but I don't think we will be able to push it out that far.

0 Cheers
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

The organizer comes from the 2022 program (see comment below).

Proforma'ing to 2023 is irrelevant to the organizer.  BUT, waiting until a lot later to proforma is a smart move.   Other than using 2023 for tax planning, there is not much in the program that's usable.

IF you want to do organizers before year-end, I'd wait for at least one more update (like maybe one to day as it is Thursday ;-).  Any software changes to the organizer part of program are highly unlikely; Intuit is focused on the 2023 program.  At least, IMHO.  YMMV.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
abctax55
Level 15

The organizer comes from the 2022 program (see comment below).

Proforma'ing to 2023 is irrelevant to the organizer.  BUT, waiting until a lot later to proforma is a smart move.   Other than using 2023 for tax planning, there is not much in the program that's usable.

IF you want to do organizers before year-end, I'd wait for at least one more update (like maybe one to day as it is Thursday ;-).  Any software changes to the organizer part of program are highly unlikely; Intuit is focused on the 2023 program.  At least, IMHO.  YMMV.

( Generic Comment )"
amec
Level 4

What we are really using it for, and why we would proforma so early, is for engagement letters. We use the Database reports/letters to do engagement letters. So, we'd update client addresses and billing amounts in 2023 and generate the letters.

If you have a different suggestion/method you use, I'd love to hear it. This is kinda labor intensive, and as you said, proforma-ing early isn't really the best choice program-wise.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

MY engagement letter is generated with the organizer in the individual module.... which does come from the 2022 software so proforma'ing isn't necessary.  

You do have to create the text; Lacerte's version is blank.  I've developed mine over the decades, based on an original from my E&O provider with modifications.

( Generic Comment )"