Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2021 Organizer missing prior year amounts

JohnTheresa
Level 2

2021 Organizer not printing all the prior year amounts.  My client had six bank accounts with interest but only five were shown on the Organizer.  The largest one was omitted causing concern that i had not reported it in 2021.  I had.  Also,  under the itemized deductions the amount for real estate taxes held for investment did not show.  The principal residence did.  My client is very upset that I had made two errors on her prior tax return when in fact I hadn't made any errors.  The amounts just did not show on the organizer.

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
George4Tacks
Level 15

When did you print the organizer?

If you went back now and printed the organizer, would still have the same omissions?

I always wait as long as I can before doing proforma or organizer. The are always a work in progress when done early.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
JohnTheresa
Level 2

Thanks George,

It was on 1-6.  I was trying to get them out before the 1-15 estimate deadline and an update class I was taking.  You are correct.  The organizer has been updated to include the amounts.  Too bad that wasn't found and corrected in the Beta.  Seems every year we must wait longer to get a quality product.

John