Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 program will not open post update

loricpa100
Level 4

Ugh!  I was in an S corp return and had to run updates to get the PPP for CA to work properly.  It got stuck in a loop that the S corp program needed to be updated after the download and update.  Closed the program and got it to finally download the whole pack and update.  Everytime I open 2020 now - it almost makes it - gets to showing the tabs - then closes the program.  I updated the software on another computer in the office - no problem opening.  I can open 2019 just fine.  Yet cannot get it to open on my desktop.  Help!  Do not want to sit in a cube to work.  And since cannot launch the program no idea how to fix.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

The FORCE install will probably fix everything

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

Try the new Lacerte Tool Hub https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/help-articles/help/fix-common-problems-and-errors-with-the-l...

The FORCE install will probably fix everything

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
janmbcpa
Level 1

I am having the same issue. I can open 2019 but not 2020. I spent an hour on the phone with Lacerte and used the Lacerte Tool Hub. This did not fix the problem. Lacerte rep indicated it might be an issue with the new update not working well with Windows. I had several tax returns needed to get out the door today and still cannot get access. Has anyone else found a solution or do we need to wait for Lacerte to fix on their end? 

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Is your Windows software up to date?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
janmbcpa
Level 1

Thank you for your reply. I did update my Windows and still could not open Lacerte 2020. I uninstalled and and reinstalled the 2020 program and that worked! Still not sure why it all happened but in case anyone else has this issue, the reinstall worked.