Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2020 Lacerte efile status colmns are missing data

ScottM
Level 3

As of the last week of September, the values from the efile status columns ("US ef Stat", "St e-file Stat") are missing values.  A few clients, mainly efiled in Sept/Oct, still have their e-file statuses populated, and I can click on the "e-file Complete" link to see the e-file history.  But for hundreds of clients who were filed before Sept, the columns are blank and I cannot click on the column to see their e-file history.

If I click on a client, who I know has been e-filed, and click menu "E-File" > "e-file Reports/Messages" > "View e-file Activity Report" I get a blank report that says "No activity for selected clients".  But I know that this client has been efiled and accepted because I can view the saved PDF of their acceptance letter from April in my file system.

This makes it very difficult to keep track of the few clients we are finalizing, because at a glance I can no longer see who has been e-filed and who has not.  It was nearly heart-stopping when I looked at my queue of clients awaiting acknowledgements and they looked like their e-files had not even been stated!

This problem exists both on my install of Lacerte (network) and on my wife's install (local to the database).  

How do I get the statuses back?  And how do I view the actual e-file history of a client from within that client? (The only method I know is to click the link on the status column in the Clients screen)  Is there a tool to refresh these statuses, or something to fix this situation?

Thanks

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
George4Tacks
Level 15

Refresh is in the Client > Refresh (just before Exit)

You can try one to see if this is the right tool. If that works, then Highlight all without status and use the tool. 

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
George4Tacks
Level 15

I don't really know your answer.

Another option is highlight client(s) and use E-File > e-file support tools > Reconcile Acks Received

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
0 Cheers
ScottM
Level 3

Thanks for the quick replies!  I've tried both and unfortunately neither the client refresh nor reconcile acks had any effect.  In fact, reconcile acks did nothing whatsoever that I could see.  I'll keep looking for other options, and call on Monday if I can.  Thanks.

0 Cheers