Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 R input not showing up on tax return

bonanzalady
Level 1

The input that I made:  Gross distribution, then taxable distribution from 1099R with a Code P is not showing up on the tax return.  Have looked at everything to figure it out, but haven't been able to figure out why not.

Any ideas?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Yes, you need to amend the prior year. FYI, the taxable amount is included in the wages line, not the pension line.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
George4Tacks
Level 15

That is because code P is more informational than anything. It is a distribution that was taxable in the prior year. It should have been included on that return and if not, you may need to amend it.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
abctax55
Level 15

Code P = prior year (effectively...)

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Accountant-Man
Level 13

Yes, you need to amend the prior year. FYI, the taxable amount is included in the wages line, not the pension line.

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
BobKamman
Level 15

@Accountant-Man 

It has been a while since I saw one of those.  I think it happens when a company executive pays in more to a 401(k), a higher percentage than most of the peons.  Thanks for the reminder that it shows up as wages, not pension.  Maybe that's what is happening here. 

@bonanzalady 

Is it showing up as wages, and not pension? Is it reported on a 2020 form?

0 Cheers