Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 nec input - individuals

mallory2
Level 1

Why is there an input area for 1099-MISC and 1099 NEC that does not flow to the return?

Called Lacerte one woman told my staff it worked on her end and we must have an outdated program.  I called Lacerte and was told the input for a 1099-MISC and 1099 NEC does not link to the return and you enter just the dollar amount on 14.1 other income.

(the NEC I was asking about does not relate to a schedule C) 

So why an input form that goes no where?

Brenda

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
sjrcpa
Level 15

Enter it directly where it belongs. If not Sch C, other income?

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

The input screen is for when there is 1099 withholding.

Ex-AllStar
abctax55
Level 15

Entering it on S 14.1 *does* flow to the return but it doesn't flow to a C, or E, or anywhere but Sch 1, and then to the F 1040.  Where are you expecting it to flow to?

And, if you enter income there that is QBI income, Lacerte doesn't do the math.  I'm guessing because if you don't think the income is business related, the QBI doesn't apply.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
mallory2
Level 1

The income is not related to a Sch C, so no QBI.  I do want it to flow to Schedule 1.  We did put just the dollar amount in 14.1 and yes that flows to Schedule 1.  

Whoever responded that the comment that the 1099 MISC/NEC is only when you have withholding makes sense.

Too bad the Lacerte representative did not know this.

0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Why is there an input area for 1099-MISC and 1099 NEC that does not flow to the return?

Then what did you mean by this statement?

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers