Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-A Critical error

Carol65
Level 3

When entering a shared policy allocation (Form 8962, Part IV) for a tax payer who is claiming 0% if I enter -1 in the three columns as instructed, I receive a critical error message saying this -

Form 8962 reject: For electronic filing purposes, enrollment premium or advanced payment of PTC must be entered on Form 8962, Part II, line 11 or lines 12 through 23. Since a shared policy allocation does not include these calculations, this will cause an electronic filing reject. This return will need to be paper filed. 

Can someone tell me what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Are you sure that is what Lacerte instructs you to do?

I don't use Lacerte, but in ProSeries we still enter the actual 1095-A but then when we fill out the allocation section it automatically applies the percentage to the form.  With that being said, ProSeries doesn't handle the all zeros correctly either (at least it didn't last year).

Have you tried entering $0.01 for each field?  That could be a work-around.

Carol65
Level 3

Thanks for your reply and for all you do for the community. 

I have entered the actual 1095-A as I would normally do.

For a return claiming 0% the instructions in Lacerte say enter a -1. I have tried .01, 0 etc. and get the same result.   If I enter a higher percentage it works fine but the taxpayer wants to claim 0%.  So I am stumped. 

0 Cheers
Carol65
Level 3

I called customer support and  after a long wait I was told that if a taxpayer claims 0% allocation on form 8962 they cannot e-file and will need to mail a paper return.

This makes no sense to me.