Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 federal tax withholding

clint
Level 1
If federal income tax was withheld from a 1099-R for a trust, how can this withholding be credited to the beneficiary on the K-1?
The IRS told me it could be treated as a line 13 -I credit, but I don't see how to do this in Lacerte
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

The input for this can be found in Screen 43, Schedule K-1 Overrides/Miscellaneous, in the Other Information (14) section.  The input field Withholding other than backup withholding (I) (input sheet code 67) will flow here. 

You will need to enter an amount for each applicable bene using the Beneficiary listing in the left navigation panel on this input screen.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
IntuitAlicia
Employee
Employee

The input for this can be found in Screen 43, Schedule K-1 Overrides/Miscellaneous, in the Other Information (14) section.  The input field Withholding other than backup withholding (I) (input sheet code 67) will flow here. 

You will need to enter an amount for each applicable bene using the Beneficiary listing in the left navigation panel on this input screen.