Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1041 Extensions

mbronec
Level 2

Has anyone tried to extend any 1041s?  Looks like Intuit says the program will accept them today but I haven't had any luck.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
StknCPA
Level 4

That happened to me a week or so ago. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to get it to go through, but it was rather simple. I believe I just requested any program updates that were available, exited the program, and then rebooted the computer. After that, I just retried transmitting the return.

I remember not really understanding WHY it worked when I retried, but I was happy that it did. Hopefully, I am remembering correctly.

When nothing works, reboot. It is weird how often that fixes things.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

what happens when you try?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mbronec
Level 2

Validation comes back as "successful" during the e-file wizard but then it fails transmission and says 

The program did not successfully transmit this tax filing.  The filing failed pre-submission validation.

Reject: [etxcode=Formset-Version, start=01-21-2020 06:00 AM, end=]

0 Cheers
StknCPA
Level 4

That happened to me a week or so ago. I wish I could remember exactly what I did to get it to go through, but it was rather simple. I believe I just requested any program updates that were available, exited the program, and then rebooted the computer. After that, I just retried transmitting the return.

I remember not really understanding WHY it worked when I retried, but I was happy that it did. Hopefully, I am remembering correctly.

When nothing works, reboot. It is weird how often that fixes things.

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Sometimes I wish I had a bad day reboot button!  🙂

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
mbronec
Level 2

That worked!

0 Cheers