Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sec. 179 -100 depreciation for the first year

Gemator
Level 2

Can c corp and owners of c corp claim Section 179 of TCJA for 100 % depreciation?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

§ 179 & 100% bonus depreciation are separate 'choices'; each have various long-term ramifications. 

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm just a wee bit curious on how the C corp and the owners of the C corp are both going to claim it.  But it is Sunday and I don't do my best thinking until at least Thursday.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

I'm also a wee bit curious about the phrasing of "owners of the C corp" too....  it's not like income/expense/deductions flow thru to those "owners".

( Generic Comment )"
Gemator
Level 2

Thanks for your reply.

Can the owner of c corp. take advantage of 100% bonus depreciation on qualified equipment used for business under Sec. 179 to lower his personal tax?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

No

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@Gemator 

You seem a bit unclear on how a C corp works.  NONE of the activity of a C-Corp impacts the shareholder.   Well, except for the W-2 issued and any dividends paid....

( Generic Comment )"