Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on ITA

ASEGroup
Level 1

Hi! See below for my feedback so far: 

1) On a Sch C, I noticed that the summary was correct (total income, AGI, etc), but the breakdown of the Sch C was incorrect. Gross receipts was accurate, but expenses were not, for the 2021 baseline. 

2) I couldn't easily figure out whee the differences in the federal payments and credits were coming from. 

3) I think in the wording for Balance Due or Refund, you should put (parentheses) around the one that will reflect as a figure in parentheses -- i.e. Balance Due/(Refund) if the refund amt will be represented in parentheses.

4) I was under the impression that ITA wasn't taking state info into account (yet).. if that's the case, how did it provide state refund/balance due figures? 

5) Some of the strategies seem redundant, or like they should be combined (i.e. 401k/403b employer and employee contributions)

6) Why suggest student loan payment assistance via employer if the taxpayer and/or spouse didn't pay any interest expense? Is it because they may have paid it, but they were phased out due to income? 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Intuit Edgar
Employee
Employee

Hello ASEGroup.

Thank you for your feedback.

On points 1, 2 and 3, our design team is currently working on those.

On point 4, ITA does look at some state information transferred over from the from the baseline year tax return to generate the basic state information displayed. As for points 5 and 6 I will submit the feedback to our design team.