Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few ideas

Kyle Pearson
Level 1

A previous suggestion notes the difference in "projecting" vs. "planning," which I agree with. 

The current report outputs are too narrowly focused on justifying ROI (i.e. tax savings compared to what we would charge the client).  Obviously this helps sell a tax plan, but I think the presentation is still confusing (and at times, a tad misleading).

I foresee this tool having mutual value for BOTH proactive planning AND ongoing projection workflow, particularly in a world where a practitioner is providing year-round subscribed advisory services.  The reporting exports need to provide BOTH a) external client focused reports AND b) internal workflow reports for practitioners.

The external tax plan export that you have right now is fine for a brand new software roll out (though I think needs improvements in customization capabilities & a better strategy library, which I expect will come with time).  Need to be able to use the tool as as stand alone from ProConnect eventually as well (i.e. not relying on PY data being in ProConnect before you can create a CY projection - seems odd you can't simply create a manual PY baseline to draw off, but I'd imagine there's deeper platform level engineering reasons for this).  

Internally, I'd like to see the ability to simply export the "Review Plan" screen to a PDF (PY, CY baseline and CY plan change columns) and maybe a quick collapse tool at the top to condense the view more expediently.  These are simple UX/UI layer improvements that could enhance early stage product roll out, as I think a lot of people are doing more "projection" oriented support for clients as opposed to "strategy" level ones, and being able to simply populate those more quickly would probably lead to faster practitioner adoption.  

I like the single client pricing model, though I think a batch purchase option should be available along with two separate tiered versions (projection only vs. projection + planning). 

The opportunity here is massive, but it needs to be done right - huge market gap here for a product that finds the right balance between client ROI and practitioner workflow 🙂  

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
IntuitAlisa
Employee
Employee

We appreciate your feedback.

You can vote up idea Tax Saving Strategy vs Tax Projection, if you haven't already, and chime in with additional related information if there are other insights you want to provide by adding a Comment.

We counted 7 other additional ideas.  The Intuit Tax Advisor's Idea Exchange can only be effective if ideas are posted separately with enough detail that others can understand your idea and the benefit from it.

This allows others to vote on the idea and chime in with the specific issue.

0 Cheers