Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lacerte Hosting Does not Support Adobe Acrobat

Steve TX CPA
Level 1

I spoke with Lacerte regarding hosting. Surprisingly, they do not support Adobe Acrobat, but do offer PDF 24 which has very limited edit capabilities. I would think PDF editing is a significant need.

Has anyone experienced having to convert Acrobat to PDF 24 and then trued to edit the document?

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
IntuitJonathanR
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, Adobe does not allow their editing program to be used in a shared computer environment due to how they manage the licensing of their product.

While PDF 24 is available in the Lacerte Hosted environment for no additional cost, our customers also have the option of purchasing a license for Foxit, which is a full featured PDF editor that can be used in the hosted environment.

Regards,

Jonathan

0 Cheers
Intuit_Marisol
Employee
Employee

Hi Steve, Thank you for calling this out. Intuit Hosting does offer FoxIt which has the editing and merging capabilities similar to Adobe DC. We are aware that not having Adobe DC Professional is very limiting and are working to provide a resolution, so that we can offer it in the future.  You can view more about FoxIt here and a contact number if you have more questions.

https://www.rightnetworks.com/foxit-pdf-solutions/

Thank You!

Marisol 

0 Cheers
RF
Level 2

Curious if you are still using hosting for Lacerte?  We are considering the platform and looking for honest feedback from users.  Our Intuit sales person would not connect us to current users which feels like a red flag so I'm reaching out to the community here.

0 Cheers
Intuit_Marisol
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers