Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting Nightmare - No help - DO NOT USE

01Tax Man99
Level 1

Not the product it is sold as. You need an ethernet connection to get the speed and reliability you need. Lacerte and the hosting team will mess up your account and you will not have access to your returns through no fault of your own. If you want your tax practice to be in a fragile state that can be set back in an instant then this is your product. DO NOT USE THIS. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. 

7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Intuit loves to advertise its products from within its products but I’m not sure this was the type of advertising they were looking for.

Slava Ukraini!
Intuit_Marisol
Employee
Employee

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear you had a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. To attempt to resolve or understand the specifics, I have sent you a email. When you have a moment please let us know what we can do to resolve the issue. 

0 Cheers
RF
Level 2

We are considering the hosting (after having used our own cloud server for the past two years) but your comments offer a dire warning obviously.  Has this issue been resolved, gotten better, etc. or have you abandoned the hosting environment?

0 Cheers
01Tax Man99
Level 1

My experience was a complete disaster. Hosting seems good in theory but not as easy or seamless as they make it seem. 

After completely crashing my hosting system into the side of the mountain, they never followed up to make sure I was made whole. 

I can give you the fact pattern offline if needed and happy to share details. 

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

@RF wrote:

We are considering the hosting (after having used our own cloud server for the past two years) but your comments offer a dire warning obviously.  Has this issue been resolved, gotten better, etc. or have you abandoned the hosting environment?

I've never used it, but based on the posts I've seen on this forum, I have no intention of trying it.  It seems to work for many people, but are are additional problems.

I've even seen several posts where the user has a problem, and the hosting company (Right Networks) say it is Intuit's problem but Intuit says it is the hosting company's problem.  So neither will accept responsibility for it.

TaxladyAZ
Level 1

What have you been using for Cloud hosting?  
Are you not happy with it?

0 Cheers
RF
Level 2

We tested Lacerte hosting from August to November and ultimately decided to use a Citrix-based hosting platform different from Rightworks.  The onboarding was hairy (with the Citrix firm we are with now) so I would say that it seems to late to host for this coming season but I would be happy to provide you more details if you want to connect.

Why we ultimately decided against hosted Lacerte (through Rightworks) was the speed lag even on very highspeed connections and the inability of the platform to allocate more resources to our user group (because of how the servers are set up).  The support experience was up and down as well but that seems to be the norm everywhere quite honestly.

0 Cheers