Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI Hosting Problem and Lacerte

I have the Lacerte Hosting and have generally been happy with it. Today, somehow, permissions were changed, and I couldn't access Lacerte, for any year.  The rep didn't know why the permissions were changed.  She did spot that the I: drive had been removed.)  Took an hour to fix it.

I'm adding this post to the Community to provide information to people considering purchasing the Hosted product.  The product is $120 per month.

Edit: I just noticed that the changes to tax returns done earlier today which I know were saved prior to the permissions problem, do not show.  So that is a big problem.  

Edit 2:  The backup was not performed by Right Networks so I lost a big chunk of data.  (I was told backups are done once per day.  I'll suggest more frequent backups in the improvements section.)

Edit 3:  I spent 1 hour with the service rep but I worked so I'll say I lost 1/2. Then redoing a tax return will cost me about 1.5 hours.  Aaarrggh!!!  

What are the secrets to Lacerte happiness?!?!?

@dfa 

@Klick59 

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
IRonMaN
Level 15

"What are the secrets to Lacerte happiness?!?!?"

You are forbidden to ever see happiness again once you invited Intuit into your life 🙃

Slava Ukraini!