Registering lets you take full advantage of the community, enabling you to:
- Post new messages and reply to other members' posts
- Receive email when someone responds to a specific post or topic
- Exchange private messages with other members
- Personalize your community experience
- Post comments on blogs that don't allow anonymous comments
- Post ideas, vote on the ideas you like best, and post comments
Registering takes only a minute; all you need is a login name, a password, and an email address.
- Click Register at the top of any page.
- Enter a Login name. (Your login name appears whenever you post or send private messages.)
Tip: Most people create anonymous names for the sake of privacy and to help them feel more comfortable participating. Be creative, have fun with it, but choose carefully: you can't change your login after you're registered.
- Enter a Password.
Tip: Passwords are case-sensitive. Include upper and lower case letters and numbers to make your password more secure.
- Enter your password again.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter your email address again.
- If you're the only one who uses this computer, click Remember me on this computer to be automatically signed in when you come to the community.
- If you want, enter your first and last name.
- Select a time zone that matches your location.
- Click Register.
- Check you email for a confirmation e-mail and click the activation link.
Note: You must have cookies enabled in your browser to register and to sign in the community.
You'll be asked to confirm your email before you sign in.
After you've registered and confirmed your registration, you can sign in and start participating.
To sign in:
- Click Sign In at the top of any page.
- Enter your Login name and Password.
Tip: If you're the only one who uses this computer, click Keep me signed in to sign in automatically next time you visit.
- Click Sign In.
To get help with your password:
- Click Need help with your login name or password? at the bottom of the page.
- Enter the email address you used when you registered with the community.
- Click Reset Password.
- Check your email for your login name and a password reset link.