gfpstaxes's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gfpstaxes's Posts

I'm looking at the worksheet on p. 28 of pub. 525 and line 5 asks for "any amount previously refunded to you" does that refer to the recovery in 2022 for a deduction in 2021? I'm a little confused by... See more...
I'm looking at the worksheet on p. 28 of pub. 525 and line 5 asks for "any amount previously refunded to you" does that refer to the recovery in 2022 for a deduction in 2021? I'm a little confused by the word "Previously" here. Can anyone clarify?
TP declared a casualty loss in 2021. She included her insurance payments. Then in January 2022 she received one extra insurance payment. How do I account for that in 2022?
Thank you, I had just figured that out before I read your message. The client had 2 1099-Qs and one had $436 in box 2 (earnings) and it was being taxed until I put in the Room & Board expense. The i... See more...
Thank you, I had just figured that out before I read your message. The client had 2 1099-Qs and one had $436 in box 2 (earnings) and it was being taxed until I put in the Room & Board expense. The interesting thing is that the other 1099-Q had earnings on it also and it was never taxed. The difference between them is that the one that got taxed had the parent as the recipient and the other had the dependent (student) listed as the recipient. In both cases, the student was the beneficiary.
The IRS site says room and board is not a not qualified education expense, yet Pro Series has a line for it and if I put a number in it, the refund changes. Why is this?
I see now the PDF I was searching was not text searchable. My apologies and thanks for your patience.
Are you searching a PDF file or the html version on the IRS site? If you can find it, I'd appreciate it if you tell me which line it is.
Nope. Not there. Tried HVAC also.
What line of the form 5695 do you enter a Central air conditioning unit on?
That's on the 8582?
Can it be carried forward as a disallowed  loss so they can use it if they sell the house?
Would they be able to take it if it was the last year they were renting the house?
No, they reverted it to personal use for this year. Eventually they will rent it again, but they don't know when.
How do you take a loss in the last year of a schedule E?
Just not rented anymore
What happens if the loss is during the last year of renting?
A non-profit had cash stolen out of their safe. Do I account for this on a 4684 (like a Schedule C)? And what about in their books? Should that be an expense account?
Why is the line 1c different from line 31 of the only Schedule C on a return? The amount on line 31 of Schedule C is $2,177 and line 1C of the 8995 is $2,023 Why the difference? How is that calcul... See more...
Why is the line 1c different from line 31 of the only Schedule C on a return? The amount on line 31 of Schedule C is $2,177 and line 1C of the 8995 is $2,023 Why the difference? How is that calculated? Thanks, Ky
I answered my own question. I went to Tools-Billing-Edit Invoice Thanks.   How do you get to the default Invoice to edit? I'm using PS 2023 Professional - Ky