Beanman63's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beanman63's Posts

Be sure to log into QuickBooks as Admin
The trick is when logging into QuickBooks, must be Admin.
I have now been able to import from Quickbooks 2021, 2022, and 2023 into ProSeries 2022. The trick is to log in as Admin. I believe that is how it has been in the past as well. I forgot about it un... See more...
I have now been able to import from Quickbooks 2021, 2022, and 2023 into ProSeries 2022. The trick is to log in as Admin. I believe that is how it has been in the past as well. I forgot about it until now. I am not sure why logging in as external account would not be an option.
Sames exact issue! I called tech support and got the run around for an hour. Did a search and found this. Hopefully they will fix quickly. Not much new tax code to blame it on. I feel I am an unpai... See more...
Sames exact issue! I called tech support and got the run around for an hour. Did a search and found this. Hopefully they will fix quickly. Not much new tax code to blame it on. I feel I am an unpaid beta tester for Intuit every tax year.
My understanding is that 75%+ of small businesses are sold via asset sales and not stock sales. Buyers want it that way (or are advised by their lawyers) because then they can amortize the goodwill o... See more...
My understanding is that 75%+ of small businesses are sold via asset sales and not stock sales. Buyers want it that way (or are advised by their lawyers) because then they can amortize the goodwill over 15 years. Also, they are not liable for the past.
No goodwill purchase. S-corp started in 2006. Just to clarify, all goodwill is long-term, correct? Then on 1040, I make an adjustment on Form 8960 5c to adjust so not subject to Net Investment Inco... See more...
No goodwill purchase. S-corp started in 2006. Just to clarify, all goodwill is long-term, correct? Then on 1040, I make an adjustment on Form 8960 5c to adjust so not subject to Net Investment Income Tax, corrrect?
S-corporation client selling business for $300,000. Almost all goodwill. I am trying to compare Asset sale vs Stock Sale. When going Asset sale route: Where is goodwill sale reported on s-corporat... See more...
S-corporation client selling business for $300,000. Almost all goodwill. I am trying to compare Asset sale vs Stock Sale. When going Asset sale route: Where is goodwill sale reported on s-corporation? I am playing with a mock up 1120S and 8594 does not flow anywhere. It just looks it is what is agreed between buyer and seller so the are reporting same. I put sale on 4797 and income flows to line 1 and he gets QBI. I do not think this is correct. Another try and I put on page 3, schedule K, line 10 (other Income) and then on 1040 put sale as net Long-term gain not portfolio income. This seems more correct, but still not sure. Anyone articles anyone is aware of? Any suggestions?
I had same issue. Fix from Support line. need commbiz.1ph file in app_19 folder example:  xx\ProSeries\ProWin19\forms\app_19\commbiz.1ph I copied 2018 file to 2019 and it worked.
I want to attach a PDF to 2018 Illinois individual return. It does not appear to be working. I was and am able to attach to 2017 Illinois individual return. Is anyone else experiencing this and do we... See more...
I want to attach a PDF to 2018 Illinois individual return. It does not appear to be working. I was and am able to attach to 2017 Illinois individual return. Is anyone else experiencing this and do we know when this feature will be available?