bethbrake's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bethbrake's Posts

Thank you! The taxpayer is to file CT part year/nonresident tax return and the spouse is a full year resident.  Should I make a copy of their file and do the MFS from that file? I guess I would have ... See more...
Thank you! The taxpayer is to file CT part year/nonresident tax return and the spouse is a full year resident.  Should I make a copy of their file and do the MFS from that file? I guess I would have to make two copies so I can input the spouse's information from the second copy, the husband's and file the two state returns from those files.  File the federal from the original.  I am guessing this cannot be done electronically.
The program is allowing the current QBI loss to offset capital gain and dividend income AND carrying the full QBI loss forward to 2022.
The severance occured in 2021 and the taxpayer was unaware that the ex employer was withholding on his wages at one rate and his severance at 22%.  He is underpaid by a substantial amount of money an... See more...
The severance occured in 2021 and the taxpayer was unaware that the ex employer was withholding on his wages at one rate and his severance at 22%.  He is underpaid by a substantial amount of money and he contacted his employer to understand what I just described.  The employer told him that a) 22% is what they are required to withhold b) led him to believe that by attaching his paystubs to the tax return his severance would only be taxed at 22% regardless of his tax bracket.  I cannot find anything in a Publication or elsewhere supporting the latter.
I know the employer is only required to withhold at the 22% rate federally.  The taxpayer is in the highest tax bracket and stands to owe a lot in   April.
Chapt 3 code 4 does not apply because subject to withholding - correct?
The program freezes. I was on the phone for 11/2 hours . I check for updates everday
When I try to print 2021 organizers in the 2020 it will not and freezes my orogrsm
That's why I posted the question - I do not know how to do that properly.
Composite Nonresident Taxes to 2 different states
He never received the first W-2 because of where he was remotely, and will not send him a duplicate.