Buffytaxpreparer's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buffytaxpreparer's Posts

I have a 1040 that required paper filing due to two Long Term Care 8853 forms, one for tp and one for spouse. I get this error message when e-filing their California return. I double checked that I ... See more...
I have a 1040 that required paper filing due to two Long Term Care 8853 forms, one for tp and one for spouse. I get this error message when e-filing their California return. I double checked that I have latest update. "Error X0000-020 Your Federal return does not match the latest published IRS Schema or is not well formed. California requires a complete copy of the Federal return to be transmitted with the state return. This California reject is issued when the Federal return does not pass formatting validating checks." Does this require me to uncheck the Enable conversion error checking box at Convert and Transmit selected returns? tia
Thanks. I looked and must have missed it. Thankfully my last return will efile tomorrow.    
9 PM Saturday? I was reading that some software providers stop accepting returns prior to the IRS shutting efile. Thanks!
I know the IRS is still open to accept efiles but some software providers stop accepting returns before then. TIA
Hey thanks! That was a capital idea. When I printed the Calif LLC Form 568 filing copy to screen, just that printed and no Federal attached. Nifty trick! It makes sense to me that it would not be ... See more...
Hey thanks! That was a capital idea. When I printed the Calif LLC Form 568 filing copy to screen, just that printed and no Federal attached. Nifty trick! It makes sense to me that it would not be required. Form 568 is state Gross Receipts and pay the LLC Franchise fee and tax based on that.
I don't think so it is as it stands alone. The California franchise fee and franchise tax are based on the gross receipts. This is 1040 with 70 rental properties spread across 5 LLC's. I want to be s... See more...
I don't think so it is as it stands alone. The California franchise fee and franchise tax are based on the gross receipts. This is 1040 with 70 rental properties spread across 5 LLC's. I want to be sure I get it right but if I don't have to do the data entry for all 5, that is preferable as ... 70 properties time 5 returns!! Ugh. I tried searching the Franchise Tax Board instructions to no avail.
I have a client with multiple disregarded California SMLLC's. I know that I have to separately electronically file each one, making a separate file for each additional LLC return. My question is: ... See more...
I have a client with multiple disregarded California SMLLC's. I know that I have to separately electronically file each one, making a separate file for each additional LLC return. My question is: Does ProSeries attach the Federal Form 1040 to the individually filed Calif Forms 568? I have the federal electronic filing box NOT checked. TIA
Hello, What are the correct software entry steps to complete the Qualified Business Income Deduction Smart Worksheet for Schedule E Client has approximately fifty Schedule E worksheets of qualifyin... See more...
Hello, What are the correct software entry steps to complete the Qualified Business Income Deduction Smart Worksheet for Schedule E Client has approximately fifty Schedule E worksheets of qualifying properties, a mix of residential and commercial. Thanks
(sobbing) If ever there was a year for this to happen, it's a doozy. The missed 1099 has $17k in dividends and $2.175M (yes) in gross proceeds. Yields large capital loss carryover. Thank goodness HU... See more...
(sobbing) If ever there was a year for this to happen, it's a doozy. The missed 1099 has $17k in dividends and $2.175M (yes) in gross proceeds. Yields large capital loss carryover. Thank goodness HUGE refund on the originally filed return. Strategy question: The refund on the original file was split between direct deposit refund and 2020 estimated tax. Is it cleanest to get the full refund or apply the full refund to 2020 estimated tax payment? California works same way? Paper file writing Superseding in the return?
Need to fill a superceding Form 1040. Can it be electronically filed or must it be paper filed? How do I indicate it is a superceding return? I can use either Basic or Professional ProSeries Missed ... See more...
Need to fill a superceding Form 1040. Can it be electronically filed or must it be paper filed? How do I indicate it is a superceding return? I can use either Basic or Professional ProSeries Missed a brokerage statement on return efiled today. 😞
I hit success before I saw this. This might be the best. Just let it be. Client can manage. Thanks!
Can the refund be applied to reduce the second payment due June 15, 2020?