dd4vols's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dd4vols's Posts

Carbonite has saved my butt many times!
Sure, you can lump all the incomes, and associated expenses on one Sch E.  What i would probably do, however,  is have 4 different assets within that Sch E... just in case he, at some point, sold the... See more...
Sure, you can lump all the incomes, and associated expenses on one Sch E.  What i would probably do, however,  is have 4 different assets within that Sch E... just in case he, at some point, sold the units individually, or had to remodel only one of them, etc. 
I'm always optimistic!
Generally, to claim a refund, you must file Form 1040-X within 3 years after the date you filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later. Returns fi... See more...
Generally, to claim a refund, you must file Form 1040-X within 3 years after the date you filed your original return or within 2 years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later. Returns filed before the due date (without regard to extensions) are considered filed on the due date, and withholding is deemed to be tax paid on the due date. Special rules apply for refund claims relating to net operating losses, foreign tax credits, bad debts, and other issues. For more information, refer to the  Instructions for Form 1040-X .   Not sure when they actually filed the 2016 return, but under normal filing conditions.... you would appear to be a tad late...
I often attach the non-covered detail pages, which thankfully are getting fewer and fewer,  but i just have one entry for like "BriokerX short-term covered" and " BrokerX long-term covered", which do... See more...
I often attach the non-covered detail pages, which thankfully are getting fewer and fewer,  but i just have one entry for like "BriokerX short-term covered" and " BrokerX long-term covered", which does satisfy the reporting requirements.  I think this is what the IronMan is implying.
exactly... i do 1 consolidated... and the owners were inquiring about this.  Google/IRS wasn't much help..... so this group of brains ( along with the more-than-occasional 'brainless'), was my next l... See more...
exactly... i do 1 consolidated... and the owners were inquiring about this.  Google/IRS wasn't much help..... so this group of brains ( along with the more-than-occasional 'brainless'), was my next logical step.  Was not sure about the subsidiary's form 2553 either, for sure.   thanks for your info. 
I know on the page 1 of the 1120 you can click the box for Consolidated return, and proceed. (have to mail still, although Lacerte lets you efile).  So, what if you wanted to change the corporations ... See more...
I know on the page 1 of the 1120 you can click the box for Consolidated return, and proceed. (have to mail still, although Lacerte lets you efile).  So, what if you wanted to change the corporations to S corps (which it appears you  can do)....where do you note that on a S Corp return that it is a consolidated return?  I can't seem to locate that. 
Only 1 person on the LLC you would file a Schedule C for that LLC. Check your State to see what other filings have to be done.   I have (2) Single Member LLCs that are Schedule F.    And for some... See more...
Only 1 person on the LLC you would file a Schedule C for that LLC. Check your State to see what other filings have to be done.   I have (2) Single Member LLCs that are Schedule F.    And for some reason, ProSeries will only let you file the state LLC  for a sch F for the states of Cali & Texas... which does me no good in Tennessee.
Sure.... As long as you opted to include state depreciation when you set up the client.   Reports>>>Display Reports>>in the Print Preview>.. the Use Basis section... just click on State instead of F... See more...
Sure.... As long as you opted to include state depreciation when you set up the client.   Reports>>>Display Reports>>in the Print Preview>.. the Use Basis section... just click on State instead of Fed, or AMT, or Book...whatever. If you didn't elect to include 'State' when you first set up client, then try this: File>>>Client Information>>> Basis Tab>> and click on the State button.. will do a rebuild I think.    
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-fix-duplicate-ssn/01/75377#M42501   go to my link, in the above link.... and be sure and read the last post in that li... See more...
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-discussions/discussion/re-fix-duplicate-ssn/01/75377#M42501   go to my link, in the above link.... and be sure and read the last post in that link...clears up some confusion   
still paper file.  I had to mail one in a couple weeks ago.  Lacerte allows it... ProSeries doesn't.   Go Figure.
but, as any potential politician knows, it's better to have a grouping problem than a groping problem!!
Lord knows that if you sat thru an Intuit course you DEFINITELY deserve credit for it... and maybe even compensation.  I made that mistake once.
Can you not manually enter the CE on your account? In Tennessee, the state society sponsored courses automatically download to a CPE accumulator, but those courses that are not state society sponsore... See more...
Can you not manually enter the CE on your account? In Tennessee, the state society sponsored courses automatically download to a CPE accumulator, but those courses that are not state society sponsored, we have to manually input the date, course name, type, hrs, etc. 
Soooo.....the plot thinnens...  This consolidated return has a big loss... which  must (if carried back), be carried back 5 years and then roll forward. So I input the info on the Form 1139 and it co... See more...
Soooo.....the plot thinnens...  This consolidated return has a big loss... which  must (if carried back), be carried back 5 years and then roll forward. So I input the info on the Form 1139 and it correctly preloads  the 5th yr column (2014), 4th yr column (2015) and 3rd yr column (2016)....but then it runs out of columns...no column for 2nd and 1st preceding years.  I don't use up all of the NOL in the 2014,2015, and 2016...and I can't find an add-on or anything for inputting info for 2017 and 2018.  Anyone come across this since the TJCA invoked the 5 yr carryback..and if so, your solution??
Well, golly gee whiz, etc.... Just zooming along with this new inherited Consolidated 1120 C-Corp (yeha...next I'll see BigFoot).... and I get everything in balance...zip over to the Form 851... and ... See more...
Well, golly gee whiz, etc.... Just zooming along with this new inherited Consolidated 1120 C-Corp (yeha...next I'll see BigFoot).... and I get everything in balance...zip over to the Form 851... and wonder why it's not prefilling the major parent company stuff...then just start looking on page 1 for a box to check... So i find and check the box... and the dreaded....'NOT ELIGIBLE FOR E-FILING'  pops up.   I think the accountant (using the term loosely) e-filed it last year, with the Form 851 pages included... but didn't check the box on page 1 that it was a Consolidated return.  So, I guess I am wondering...what makes this return not eligible? is there some top-secret info that a computer program couldn't sniff out?  
NO!   Not unless you hire him again, and intend to issue him another Form 1099-Misc in the future.
there's a button on the left of the keyboard , "Caps Lock", tap it once please.  This is the second straight post you have screamed at the board.............
shoudn't it be 'legitimate brain surgeon certificate'? asking for a potential patient.........