dd4vols's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dd4vols's Posts

@Jim-from-Ohio ..man..how long did it take you write all those reviews?? 
Thanks for the clarification!  in my decades of debits and credits, this is anew one on me! Thanks again!!
So, some of my clients ERTC claims have not been processed as yet, They were timely filed.  What happens if they get the funds after 4/15/24...when supposedly, I should not be able to amend a 2020 re... See more...
So, some of my clients ERTC claims have not been processed as yet, They were timely filed.  What happens if they get the funds after 4/15/24...when supposedly, I should not be able to amend a 2020 return?
ah,,, @IRonMaN , you are wise beyond your metallurgical years.......thanks 
evidently I'm doing something wrong..when i click on the icon...i don't get any options llike "proseries Update"
i have this relatively large client that i see on a regular basis and actually just load  proseries  to a computer they have just designated for me. and prepare return at their location. I can access... See more...
i have this relatively large client that i see on a regular basis and actually just load  proseries  to a computer they have just designated for me. and prepare return at their location. I can access current year, but not any prior years.  And I like to cheat and look at the prior years to help in posting some of their investment transactions from 1099-B.  but now...I get the unable to validate. Anyone have any suggestions? was this the olde...'do something before xxxx  date" that I missed? or something else?
 can I populate both Lines 1 & 2 on each Partner's K-1 (on the same K-1?)    no..can't be on the same K-1 input wks. I make up a 2nd K-1 input sheet (same FEIN, etc) and call it "Widget Enterpris... See more...
 can I populate both Lines 1 & 2 on each Partner's K-1 (on the same K-1?)    no..can't be on the same K-1 input wks. I make up a 2nd K-1 input sheet (same FEIN, etc) and call it "Widget Enterprises LLC Rental" , and has worked for years..
that's probably it!  That's my reward for being such a good guesser!!
but,,,,,you didn't tell me why we need it....lol,  Thanks!!
So I am having a unbelievable time trying to get an extension to perfect because of the frigging  Special Name Control. "code"  In all my years of ProSeries e-filing, I have never had to touch that c... See more...
So I am having a unbelievable time trying to get an extension to perfect because of the frigging  Special Name Control. "code"  In all my years of ProSeries e-filing, I have never had to touch that cell, It's usually the first 4 letters. As we all know.   So about 6 last night, went out to file an extension on a new 1041 estate tax return.  The program default picks the first 4 letters of '"Edwin's" name, and off we go.  Now 24 hrs later, and about 12 variations of the Estate name, i still get the Special Name Control doesn't match.  And it even tells me, that first time filers might have a hard time filing because of this.   Well, DUH!!   I guess I will try the phone number suggested for this top-secret code matching program early Monday and see what the problem is. I sent a registered letter today with a paper extension, and a copy of e-filing history of how many times I tried before midnight....and since for that matter. What is the purpose of this Special Name Control code?  other than irritation......
Sch K-1 Wks    Changes her name at the S=Corp shareholder name.   But, I'm a little confused?  You are wanting to print estimated vouchers inside the S-Corp?       
# of W2s filed for an S Corp is way down on the list of information that I, MYSELF, even care about, much less being one of the initial tidbits of info I search for.
here's what i do: The best option is to put the notes on the bottom of the "Client Status" worksheet and always print that page for your front staff. also sometimes i will do this: on the line ... See more...
here's what i do: The best option is to put the notes on the bottom of the "Client Status" worksheet and always print that page for your front staff. also sometimes i will do this: on the line of the return that you want the info printed: put your cursor on that line, then go up to the icon list. And click on the "pencil."  Then type your note you want the front staff to see...then click on the "print this as part of the return for filing."  Unless you put something sketchy like, "I made up a couple thousand for your Schedule A contributions, hope you didn't mind", the IRS gonna ignore it.  The notes under this option, print out on a page just by themselves.
If you print your 2848's thru ProSeries, and your address is the updated address, then the next 2848 you file, just check that new address box in the CAF section.
No verbiage. just has the 'red error' on the forms list  side panel.  when you click on the red, it takes you to a line on that worksheet. The very first line(on the description side) in the Options ... See more...
No verbiage. just has the 'red error' on the forms list  side panel.  when you click on the red, it takes you to a line on that worksheet. The very first line(on the description side) in the Options of Transmitting forms as .pdf
Well, I just opened up another extended return with Form 1116 carryover...and i get the same result,  The EF Info Wks has the big red uhoh glaring at me.  It must be the form 1116  Sch B, but i'm not... See more...
Well, I just opened up another extended return with Form 1116 carryover...and i get the same result,  The EF Info Wks has the big red uhoh glaring at me.  It must be the form 1116  Sch B, but i'm not sure how a beginner could ever figure that out. Is this correct @IntuitGabi
I didn't have an attachment with last year's return.  I even deleted all my input for current year. it still showed up.  So, I finally just deleted my current year return, transferred from last year ... See more...
I didn't have an attachment with last year's return.  I even deleted all my input for current year. it still showed up.  So, I finally just deleted my current year return, transferred from last year and updated the extension request stuff. Still there.  I think I am going to attach the Form 1116 Sch B (i would need to anyways based on earlier returns), and hope that makes the software happy. Just don't want to trigger some hidden desire of the software for the dreaded Form 8453
I  was wondering if that could be it, but it would before, specifically tell us we needed a copy of Form 1116  Sch B.  Unless that got changed in an update since I have had a return with a 1116 carry... See more...
I  was wondering if that could be it, but it would before, specifically tell us we needed a copy of Form 1116  Sch B.  Unless that got changed in an update since I have had a return with a 1116 carryover.