jimskime's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jimskime's Posts

Maine corporate, partnership and fiduciary forms are still not available. This is beyond the pale! I have dozens of returns that are being held up and consequently dozens of returns I can't invoice. ... See more...
Maine corporate, partnership and fiduciary forms are still not available. This is beyond the pale! I have dozens of returns that are being held up and consequently dozens of returns I can't invoice. This is killing  us.  When will we be able to file these returns????
Yes, they are sent to IRS and then rejected  
Federal still not fixed, this is a Maine problem too.
NOT fixed! Federal rejected two minutes ago.
They've told us to send paper extensions- this is unacceptable as we have many scheduled for automatic withdrawals. I'm going to call 50 clients and tell them to bring checks? How about the ones who ... See more...
They've told us to send paper extensions- this is unacceptable as we have many scheduled for automatic withdrawals. I'm going to call 50 clients and tell them to bring checks? How about the ones who are travelling. C'mon Lacerte-fix this NOW.  
Lacerte has said on their website that we can e-file extensions up through the 19th for Maine and Mass taxpayers. Now t5hey are being rejected and Support has no answers other than paper file. What a... See more...
Lacerte has said on their website that we can e-file extensions up through the 19th for Maine and Mass taxpayers. Now t5hey are being rejected and Support has no answers other than paper file. What about all the automatic withdrawals that were set up. In my 30 years with Lacerte I've not seen anything this egregious!
Yes, I saw that but the client wants us to try.
Original return had overpayments going to estimates, we want the overpayment to be refunded. How do we get the letter and return to show the refund amount? Right now it shows only the overpayment.
It's something like 100 small payments, maybe I can attach a pdf. Sure don't want to enter them all.
This is Section XV, Line 3.
Hide recipient list?
Not in today's update either. Does Intuit think we like shutting down every other day for updates that do little, if anything? Can't they be grouped together or is this a way to force us to their clo... See more...
Not in today's update either. Does Intuit think we like shutting down every other day for updates that do little, if anything? Can't they be grouped together or is this a way to force us to their cloud?
Not in the update today.  
I'm wondering if Lacerte has any kind of timeline. This is insufferable.  
Yes, this is holding up at least a dozen returns in my office. When will the software be updated to reflect this?
That would be nice, middle of the day probably so we'll have to re boot while we're trying to work.  
I'm getting this message on every client that I try to proforma from 2019 to 2020.. This did not happen two weeks ago. Perhaps the 2019 update?
A self-employed client operates as a Schedule C in China. The gross income flows to Form 2555 but I want the net to flow to Form 2555. How do I enter that? Wages are simple but Schedule C is not. Hap... See more...
A self-employed client operates as a Schedule C in China. The gross income flows to Form 2555 but I want the net to flow to Form 2555. How do I enter that? Wages are simple but Schedule C is not. Happy to pay Self employment tax but not income tax.  
Gee whiz, I should have been more specific. I'm not looking for tax advice. I did not sit for the CPA exam in 1932 like one wise guy, but it was many years ago. What I'm looking for is a technical wa... See more...
Gee whiz, I should have been more specific. I'm not looking for tax advice. I did not sit for the CPA exam in 1932 like one wise guy, but it was many years ago. What I'm looking for is a technical way within Lacerte to depreciate the remaining balance of an asset using straight line depreciation over 20 years.  This was a mechanical question, not a tax question.
Thanks George, actually the database has become too big and Garrett helped me figure that out.