bhood's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bhood's Posts

Thanks Bill.   Do you have any resource I can refer to PFL is not included in the definition of unemployment.   It is part of the state's insurance programs.   Where did you find the answer.    I am ... See more...
Thanks Bill.   Do you have any resource I can refer to PFL is not included in the definition of unemployment.   It is part of the state's insurance programs.   Where did you find the answer.    I am indebted. 
California PFL. 
CA PFL 
IS PAID FAMILY LEAVE pfl on a 1099G able to be excluded to 10200 under the American Rescue Plan similar to Unemployment?
Thanks I will try that, it is just so unstable, but we are working through the issue.  Lacerte said it was an issue with them and MS that they are trying to work through.   I just hate to re-enter th... See more...
Thanks I will try that, it is just so unstable, but we are working through the issue.  Lacerte said it was an issue with them and MS that they are trying to work through.   I just hate to re-enter the client data over because it becomes corrupted. 
Thank you we did try that and all other items on the tools, plus renaming directories.   The problem still comes up intermittently.
epic fail in support for buggy lacerte support I have had network issues with errors ever since I updated my microsoft and lacerte software.   I have tried the network tools CLPACKed renamed file fol... See more...
epic fail in support for buggy lacerte support I have had network issues with errors ever since I updated my microsoft and lacerte software.   I have tried the network tools CLPACKed renamed file followed directions from several support people but nothing stops the issue.   I get EAbZipInvalid in module w20tax at00121908 invalid file, not a PKZip file error along with numerous other errors.   The program is unstable, we have lost clients who were entered and the .ID0 file becomes corrupted.    We have to re-enter the client's information.    I was on with tech support all suggesting a solution and after we hang up problem comes back.    I tried to send my error log to Lacerte program support but they have no method of getting the log.  Tech support was going to have me screen through 4000 lines of support as she took screenshots of my errors.   WTF I begged to have a tier 2 support just contact me and go over the issue.   How many others out there are having similarly BUG riddled Lacerte program errors.    Paying thousands to have my number one competitor INtuit turbo tax crash my programs. 
So I solved the issue because the daughter was on the parent's 1095A, for a few months and had her own insurance the rest of the year.  There is a box in Lacerte shared policy allocation for part IV.... See more...
So I solved the issue because the daughter was on the parent's 1095A, for a few months and had her own insurance the rest of the year.  There is a box in Lacerte shared policy allocation for part IV.  I had to enter her as a -1 and the parents on their return as a 1 crosslinking their SS numbers on the other's return.    Otherwise, they end up paying a penalty for income earned.  
Hi Tax Guy so we are having issues with kids moving out of the parent's home and no longer being dependants.   The parents in this case and others are showing 2 kids (one being the adult no longer a ... See more...
Hi Tax Guy so we are having issues with kids moving out of the parent's home and no longer being dependants.   The parents in this case and others are showing 2 kids (one being the adult no longer a dependant but under 26)   She had insurance with the parents under CA cares and they received a 1095A listing the adult daughter for the first 4 months of the year.  The daughter then obtained a job and full medical coverage as part of the new job getting a 1095B for the remainder of the year.   Because she is listed on the 1095 A the feds will kick back the return for not listing the 1095A on her return as she did have coverage.    I think the solution may be answered in this post from 2016.   I also had a potential client ask for help similar situation and because she was covered on the parents 1095A return (she was under 26)  the feds questions her for not addressing the 1095A, and when she sent them a copy of the parents 1095A showing her they assessed her to repay the full amount because she earned to much to be covered.   That made her repay the parent's full medical coverage.   How does my son (non-dependent) deal with healthcare on his taxes when I paid for his coverage through the marketplace (on the plan with my husband and dependent son)? In 2016, I covered/paid for marketplace healthcare to cover my husband, dependent son, and non-dependent son. I included the 1095-A on my tax return and repaid 100% of the subsidies. My non-dependent son needs to prove healthcare coverage on his own tax return; however, when he indicates that he had a marketplace plan, it asks him for percentages, etc. He didn't pay for any of his healthcare. What do we do?   answer     second lowest cost Silver plan (SLCSP) premium     Your son will need of your 1095-A. He will indicate that he shared this policy with someone who is not on his tax return.   On your tax return, you will indicate the same information. You will have to find what the SLCSP is for each person's household and add it up. Then, divide your SLCSP by the total SLCSP to get your percentage of premiums and advanced payment of the premium tax credit. In allocating any Advance Credit received, you have the option to claim 100% of the 1095-A on your tax return, or you can allocate part of it to your son.  The allocation can be anywhere from 0% to 100%.  You both must agree to the allocation.
daughter receives 1095a for first 4 months then get a job and moves out under her own medical plan how to show coverage for the first 4 months on the daughters return as she is filing single and no l... See more...
daughter receives 1095a for first 4 months then get a job and moves out under her own medical plan how to show coverage for the first 4 months on the daughters return as she is filing single and no longer a dependent.  She has insurance for the remainder of the year, but the 1095A from her parents will become an issue.
John I been there and done that... OMG nothing is worse than 40 minutes on hold and then getting someone who has no idea of what you are talking about.   I hope this helps: https://quickbooks.intuit... See more...
John I been there and done that... OMG nothing is worse than 40 minutes on hold and then getting someone who has no idea of what you are talking about.   I hope this helps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-articles/contact-payments-or-point-of-sale-support/00/695933 follow the links to have someone call you back.     I figured out that you have to go to the QB merchant payments section of QB you can request a voice or chat there to resolve questions and account issues.   They don't know or understand Lacerte, and Lacerte has no Idea of the QB billing system or how it works.    Just think of the book Catch 22 and a circular endless clueless support.   No more talking with escalated support as your agent has to chat with better support and try to convey what the issues are when they can understand the basics.   LOL good luck.   The Lacerte system and support reminds me of the DOS days and WordStar where nothing made sense because some engineer thought it would make perfect sense.   Apple changed most of the world with breakthrough thinking about the customer.   It seems from real interaction Intuit could care less as they try to put us all out of business with Turbo Tax.   I love that they offer us jobs to provide support and advice to the Turbo Tax users.     Best of Luck, 
So I finally fixed the issue with esignature and having 2 account named the same.   You have to go into https://merchantcenter.intuit.com/msc/portal/home?acctNum=acct and sign in then to accounts the... See more...
So I finally fixed the issue with esignature and having 2 account named the same.   You have to go into https://merchantcenter.intuit.com/msc/portal/home?acctNum=acct and sign in then to accounts then deactivate the 2nd account.   OMG took for ever but that is the solution. 
Each year it does get worse... I think they want everyone to move to their proline.... god only knows.   I wait 30 minutes just to get to someone who does not know a thing.  OMG it is sad. 
anyone having issues with lacerate support not being able to answer support questions then saying they are transferring to a higher authority only to be transferred to a general support person who ca... See more...
anyone having issues with lacerate support not being able to answer support questions then saying they are transferring to a higher authority only to be transferred to a general support person who can't answer the question.   This goes on time and time again?   Whom does one complain to get resolution.   I am on hold for support 20 to 50 and 60 minutes only to have the answering support agent send me back to someone else.  Anyone have any ideas.    There is no long chat support, no email support that I know of, so the music hold is the only solution????   33 years using Lacerte... SAD
The issues is different but the solution after days of trying is to log into the QB account and edit there.  Thanks for all the assistance.   It can not be done in the Lacerte or Intuit area.
So I have been on hold for 4 hours with 3 different Lacerte tech support people.   Each tries to help then transfers me to "level 2 support"  or a supervisor, and in truth, they transfer me back to t... See more...
So I have been on hold for 4 hours with 3 different Lacerte tech support people.   Each tries to help then transfers me to "level 2 support"  or a supervisor, and in truth, they transfer me back to the same line of holding for Lacerte support.   The typical wait for Lacerte support is 30 minutes or longer year-round.   All I want to do is change the routing and account number under the signature portion of Lacerte.   I tried to disconnect the account and create a new account profile and that worked but it kept the same business name so now I have two exactly the same accounts.   There seems to be no way to delete or edit account information once it is entered.   Lacerte support is incredibly unhelpful and one time they suggested I call QuickBooks support... wow they suggested I call Lacerte tech support because they could not help.   I am now on hold with Lacerte again total call time over 40 minutes with no answer waiting on a supervisor... which I will bet is another general Lacerte support rep.  Endless loops of never-ending support reps with no help.   The good part is I have a speakerphone and I just sit and wait.  My other phone is now going on 1 hour 24 minutes and the rep never returned to help... just left me on hold.   So if you know how to delete a payment account in Lacerte's signature payment area let me know.   As for the tech support run around... there is no fix Lacerte is hopelessly unable to provide support on questions they answer quickly route you to support and you are on hold forever no matter what the question.    We have been with Lacerte for 35 years.... and after they were purchased by Intuit the support has been worse and worse.   They had difficulties answering our questions.