aztxboy's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

aztxboy's Posts

I have the same issue.   If you manually calculate the 80% limitation and place in the Carryover absorbed in 2019 input box, the taxable income before NOL (found on 2018 NOL utilization statement) c... See more...
I have the same issue.   If you manually calculate the 80% limitation and place in the Carryover absorbed in 2019 input box, the taxable income before NOL (found on 2018 NOL utilization statement) changes to a number that is not the actual taxable income, but the original taxable income plus the absorbed amount.  Also, the change  (which is an override) screws up the 2019 Computation of Taxable Income for NOL utilization statement. It seems to be a program error.  
The solution would work great if the clients were being assigned to just one new staff preparer.  In this case, they are being assigned to multiple staff preparers.   Seems we will have to manually ... See more...
The solution would work great if the clients were being assigned to just one new staff preparer.  In this case, they are being assigned to multiple staff preparers.   Seems we will have to manually input the majority.  It makes no sense as to why a techy company like Intuit doesn't include this feature in its software. I would appreciate comments from Intuit.  
Last year was the first year our firm used Lacerte software.  This year one of our staff preparers left the firm and we are in the process of reassigning her 200 plus clients to new staff preparers f... See more...
Last year was the first year our firm used Lacerte software.  This year one of our staff preparers left the firm and we are in the process of reassigning her 200 plus clients to new staff preparers for 2019.  Is there a way to make these reassignments on a mass basis in Lacerte?  If yes, how? FYI, we were able to do this sort of thing with our prior software provider (UltraTax).   BTW, hopefully, I can get an answer here as the wait time on customer service currently is over an hour.  Sheesh.