Colmatt's Posts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Colmatt's Posts

Not a pole long enough to take that one!    
Now that is very true.  Scary but true.  
Client's son is incarcerated.  Any risk to me filing his return?  Wouldn't want my preparer number associated with questionable client.  More importantly, risking my other clients filed under my numb... See more...
Client's son is incarcerated.  Any risk to me filing his return?  Wouldn't want my preparer number associated with questionable client.  More importantly, risking my other clients filed under my number.  Am I tax season closing crazy?    
Does MA follow the federal on exemption of cancelation of debt income if taxpayer is insolvent?  Would it be adjustment on Schedule Y, line 4?  
Makes total sense, Thanks.  
No penalty calculated so seems ok.   thank you for helping
Proseries program. Thank you for the great information.  It seems from all this I am ok with how it is coded.  At the bottom of the 1099 I can check the box, IF J, check if qualified distribution, be... See more...
Proseries program. Thank you for the great information.  It seems from all this I am ok with how it is coded.  At the bottom of the 1099 I can check the box, IF J, check if qualified distribution, because with no earnings so not really early distribution Think that's ok?  
Owner occupied two family started renting one side.  Will this be a QBI? 
P is 'Return of contribution taxable in 2022" 8 is "Return of contributions taxable in 2023" I was more worried about J "Early distribution from Roth"      
In this case there were no earnings, losses actually.  In other cases, we put any earnings in the year overfunded.   What to do about wrong code? 
Not the deceased, nor the brother.  92-xxxxxxx Possibly estate that brother unaware of.  Not a pretty story and not a lot of information.  Will have to dig further, I guess.      
Would it have to be from the estate?  
2022 put 7000 in Roth, but not eligible.  Remove Roth prior to filing.  2023 Received this 1099-R coded PJ showing taxable return and early withdrawal.  Did not include anything on 2022 return.  Anyt... See more...
2022 put 7000 in Roth, but not eligible.  Remove Roth prior to filing.  2023 Received this 1099-R coded PJ showing taxable return and early withdrawal.  Did not include anything on 2022 return.  Anything need to be amended to show not taxable and not early withdrawal?  
Brother received 1099-S for sale of deceased brother's home.  It is in the Estate of brother's name.  Other than the house that sold for $110,000 there were no other assets.     Is any tax return r... See more...
Brother received 1099-S for sale of deceased brother's home.  It is in the Estate of brother's name.  Other than the house that sold for $110,000 there were no other assets.     Is any tax return return required? Definitely loss on sale.  
Have 1099-B with Unadjusted Gain/Loss.  Where do you enter this in Pro-Series? Thanks    
Are Massachusetts's PFML benefits taxable?  Received 1099-G with $8000 in Box 1  
Thank you.      
Not Roth, sorry for question title  
In December 2022 inherited  IRA $347,000+ 2023 1099-R distribution $26000. Box 2a Taxable $26000. Box tax not determined checked Code 4 IRA box checked Client is 65 Tax treatment help please a... See more...
In December 2022 inherited  IRA $347,000+ 2023 1099-R distribution $26000. Box 2a Taxable $26000. Box tax not determined checked Code 4 IRA box checked Client is 65 Tax treatment help please and penalty help?  Thank you.    
Thanks again.